11th International Modelica Conference 2015
Sep 21, 2015 01:00 PM
Sep 23, 2015 04:00 PM
|Add event to calendar||
The 11th International Modelica Conference will be held at the Palais des Congrès de Versailles, France on September 21 -23, 2015. It is organized by Dassault Systèmes and Linköping University in cooperation with Modelica Association.
The Modelica Conference is the main event for users, library developers, tool vendors and language designers to share their knowledge and learn about the latest scientific and industrial progress related to Modelica and to the Functional Mockup Interface. The program will cover modeling of complex physical and cyber-physical systems, as well as tools, for a wide range of research and industrial applications. All contributions are peer-reviewed and selected by the Program Committee. In addition to traditional paper presentations and poster sessions, the conference features several Modelica tutorials for beginners and advanced users, as well as vendor presentations, and an exhibition. The previous Modelica conference in 2014 was visited by 400 participants from all over the world, and we expect even more participants at this conference.
More information is contained in the conference flyer/poster. The first page is intended to be printed in larger format such as A3 as a poster. Please post at your bulletin board or by the coffee machine to promote and remind about the conference.
We are looking forward to seeing you in Paris.
Dr. Hilding Elmqvist and Prof. Peter Fritzson
General Chairman (Dassault Systèmes) and Program Chairman (Linköping University)
The conference program, book of abstracts and other information are available here:
- Conference Program
- Conference Program for printing
- Book of Abstracts NEW September 13
- Vendor Presentations
- Exhibitors UPDATED September 16
- Practical Information for Exhibitors UPDATED August 27
- Tutorial material: (UPDATED 22nd September)
The conference will take place at the Palais
des Congrès de Versailles located 17 km west of Paris and about 300 m from the Palace of Versailles.
Palais des Congrès de Versailles
Address: 10, rue de la Chancellerie
Scope of the Conference
Modelica is a freely available, equation-based, object-oriented language for convenient and efficient modeling of complex, multi-domain cyber-physical systems described by ordinary differential, difference and algebraic equations. The companion Modelica Standard Library has been utilized in demanding industrial applications, including full vehicle dynamics, power systems, robotics, hardware-in-the-loop simulations and embedded control systems.
The Functional Mockup Interface (FMI) is a freely available standard for the tool-independent exchange of models and for co-simulation. It is supported by many Modelica and non-Modelica tools and is the key to utilize Modelica models in non-Modelica environments.
The Modelica conference will bring together people using Modelica and/or FMI for modeling, simulation, and control applications, Modelica language designers, Modelica and/or FMI tool vendors and Modelica library developers. It provides Modelica users the opportunity to stay informed about the latest language, library, and tool developments, and to get in touch with people working on similar modeling problems. The conference will cover topics such as the following:
- Multi-engineering modeling and simulation with Modelica
- Free and commercial Modelica libraries (mechanics, electrical, hydraulics, thermal, fluid, media, chemical, building, automotive, aircraft, ...)
- Automotive applications
- Thermodynamic and energy systems applications
- Mechatronics and robotics applications
- Other industrial applications, such as electric drives, power systems, aerospace, etc.
- Real-time and hardware-in-the-loop simulation
- Simulation and code generation for embedded control systems
- Simulation acceleration by use of many CPU/GPU cores
- Applications of Modelica for optimization and optimal control
- Modelica modeling, simulation and design tools
- Symbolic algorithms and numerical methods for model transformation and simulation
- Discrete modeling techniques - FEM, CFD, DEM (Discrete Element Method), ...
- New features of Modelica language and FMI
- Modelica in other application areas (mathematical programming, databases etc.)
- Modelica for teaching and education
- FMI in Modelica and non-Modelica applications and tools
In addition, the conference will include:
- Modelica tutorials/workshops for different levels of modeling experience
- Modelica Award for the 2 best free Modelica libraries (500 + 250 Euro)
- Vendors’ presentations of commercial and free Modelica tools
- Vendors' exhibition
Call for Papers
Papers can be submitted for full presentation or for poster presentation. In addition, new free Modelica libraries can be introduced to the public. The Modelica Free Library Award will be given to the best free library submitted for review. Modelica Association members (excluding selection committee members) can apply for this award too. The conference includes vendor presentations and vendor exhibitions for commercial and free tools related to Modelica and the Functional Mockup Interface.
Please see the Call-for-Papers page for further information about the submission and/or application process and the submission templates. All submitted papers will be peer-reviewed by the conference Program Committee (3 reviews per paper).
The conference proceedings will be published electronically. After the conference, the proceedings will be available online. Authors keep the copyright for their papers and just provide non-exclusive publication rights to the Modelica Association.
Exhibition and Other Calls
A commercial exhibition will be arranged in conjunction to the conference. The commercial exhibition will be
integrated with the session halls, poster exhibition and the catering services
and will thus be an excellent exhibition window towards the expected 400-500
exhibition will be open during conference hours, September 22-23, 2015. Build-up
will take place September 21 from 14.00.
Calls for vendor session, tutorial/workshop, and sponsoring opportunities are described here.
|May 20, 2015||Paper submission, Tutorial application, library submission, vendor presentation, and exhibitor application
|June 10, 2015
||Notification of paper acceptance|
|August 1, 2015
||End of early registration
|August 1, 2015||Submission of final papers and libraries
Preliminary Outline of Conference Program
- Monday, September 21:
13:00 - 16:30 Tutorials
17:00 - 19:25 Vendor presentations
- Tuesday, September 22:
9:00 - 18:10 Conference and exhibition
19:30 Conference dinner
- Wednesday, September 23:
8:30 - 16.30 Conference and exhibition
Organization and Contact
The Conference is organized by Dassault Systèmes and Linköping University in cooperation with the Modelica Association.
For general questions, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.orgConference Board:
- Dr. Hilding Elmqvist, Dassault Systèmes, Lund, Sweden
- Prof. Peter Fritzson, Linköping University, Sweden
- Prof. Martin Otter, DLR, Germany
- Dr. Michael Tiller, Xogeny, Michigan, USA
- Amelie Rönngard, Malmö, Sweden, email@example.com (regarding exhibition, logistics and other practical issues)
- MCI France, Phone: +33 (0)1 53 85 82 63, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (regarding registration and payment)
- Martin Malmheden, Dassault Systèmes, Paris, France
- Ulrika Wiklund, Dassault Systèmes, Lund, Sweden