Modelica Conference series
The International Modelica Conference series explores the frontier of science and technology to model and simulate complex physical and cyber-physical systems for a wide range of research and industrial applications. It is the largest and main impacting event for application specialists, developers of model libraries and simulation software, as well as language designers of the equation based modeling language Modelica and related technology such as the Functional Mockup Interface (to exchange or co-simulate dynamic models). In particular, the conference covers topics such as symbolic algorithms and numerical methods to simulate equation-based, object-oriented models for design optimization, real-time simulation, and model-based control, in automotive, aircraft, space, robotic, energy systems and other areas. Established in year 2000 and held every 18 months in March or in September, the Modelica Conference provides technical sessions, tutorials, vendor presentations and an exhibition. The last Modelica Conference in 2014 was visited by 400 participants from all over the world.
The Modelica Conference is organized by the Modelica Association and a local organizer. The local organizer is selected by the members of the Modelica Association. The Modelica Association has 50% ownership for the financial responsibilities. A steering committee from the Modelica Association (see below) supervises the conference organization and guarantees the high scientific level of the conference.
Major rules for a Modelica Conference
- Only full papers can be submitted: Required are 4-10 pages with double columns according to provided templates. In exceptional cases, the Editorial Board can extend the maximum page limit to 15 pages, in case the authors provide a justification.
- Every submitted paper is reviewed by 3 reviewers.
- Accepted papers are selected based on the scores of the reviewers. If necessary additional reviews might be asked for. Remaining exceptional cases are decided by the Editorial Board.
- The proceedings are published electronically with open access in the series Linköping Electronic Conference Proceedings (ISSN: 1650-3686, eISSN: 1650-3740).
- The Publishing Ethics and Malpractice Statement of this series is the fundamental code of conduct for a Modelica Conference.
- The local organizers of a Modelica conference must follow the Instructions for conference organizers.
- The authors of the papers keep their copyright and all rights on their paper and give the Modelica Association and Linköping University Electronic Press just the right for publishing.
The Editorial Board supervises the publication of the Modelica Conference Proceedings series, organization of Modelica Conferences and is part of the Program Committee for Modelica conferences. The Editorial Board currently consists of the following members of the Modelica Association Board:
- Prof. Peter Fritzson, Linköping University, Sweden.
- Prof. Martin Otter, Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt, Germany.
- Prof. Francesco Casella, Politecnico di Milano, Italy.
- Dr. Hilding Elmqvist, Mogram AB, Sweden.
- Dr. Michael Tiller, Xogeny Inc., U.S.A.
In case of general inquiries for Modelica Conferences, send an email to the Modelica Assocation board (board [ AT ] modelica [ DOT ] org).
Conference proceedings of the Modelica conference series (since year 2009, the conference proceedings are published by Linköping University Press; before they were published on the Modelica Association web):
About 10 % of the papers from the proceedings will be available in an improved form, open access, in a special issue of the journal Mathematical and Computer Modelling of Dynamical Systems (this journal is listed in the Thomson Reuters, Journal Citation Report) in 2017.